1 picnic pork shoulder, skinless, sliced lengthwise - about 5cm thick
90g jerk seasoning (mild or spicy)
100g allspice, whole
- Rub marinade into sliced pork. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- Remove pork from the fridge and allow it to come up to room temperature.
- Soak the wood chips and allspice for 30 minutes.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to 250F with one hot area and one indirect with a drip pan under the grates in the indirect area to catch grease. *If you don’t put a drip pan, you risk having a grease fire on your next cook.
- Drain chips and allspice and place into your smoker box and place the smoker box into the grill to allow it to heat up.
- Insert the probe of your continuous monitoring thermometer into the pork and then place the pork on the grill over indirect heat and close the lid. By remotely monitoring the temperature, you can minimize the temptation to constantly check on the meat which will cause you to lose the smoke in the grill.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 190F-195F and remove from the grill and shred.
Raspberry Chipotle Coleslaw
⅓ white or green cabbage, shredded
⅛ red cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
75mL lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
50mL Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- Mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly to coat everything.
- Build your sliders with pulled pork and top with some coleslaw.