This recipe shared by 9x BBQ World Champion Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs & Sauces will help you easily create a delicious, complex rack of ribs every time!
- 4-either Spare/St Louis cut or baby back pork ribs
- Cup of Regular Yellow Mustard
- 4 -Cups of Three Little Pig’s Kansas City Sweet Rub and Three Little Pig’s Touch of Cherry Rub
- Strip membrane off the back of all the ribs.
- Using a fork poke the back side between each rib to break up connective tissues.
- Coat both sides of the ribs with a thin coat of yellow mustard.
- Coat both sides of the pork ribs with Three Little Pig’s Kansas City Sweet rub, then apply a coat of the Touch of Cherry Rub on Top of the Kansas City Sweet rub. (layer flavors)
- Heat smoker 250 degrees add 2 chunks of either apple or cherry flavor wood or favorite pellet flavor, once the ready to go.
- Select (4) Slabs of Pork Ribs (strip membrane off back of each rib to guarantee tenderness). Liberally coat yellow mustard over both sides of the baby back rib, this will act as a tenderizer and a bonding agent for the rub.
- Meanwhile, coat both sides of the ribs with the Three Little Pig’s rubs. ·
- Place ribs in a vertical rib rack for 4-5 hours depending on your smoker, ½ ways through the cook rotate the 180 degrees in the rack this will guarantee an even cook. ·
- Once the meat has pulled back from the bones, use a toothpick to check tenderness. ·
- Remove from rack and place flat on the smoker and apply a light coat of Three Little Pig’s Touch of Cherry rub to finish.